الصورة الرمزية طيار صالح
طيار صالح طيار صالح غير متواجد حالياً
مخالف قوانين المنتدى

تاريخ التسجيل: 06 - 08 - 2011
المشاركات: 941
شكر غيره: 0
تم شكره 5 مرة في 4 مشاركة
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
طيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقدير

مشاهدة أوسمتي

طيار صالح طيار صالح غير متواجد حالياً
مخالف قوانين المنتدى

الصورة الرمزية طيار صالح

مشاهدة ملفه الشخصي
تاريخ التسجيل: 06 - 08 - 2011
المشاركات: 941
شكر غيره: 0
تم شكره 5 مرة في 4 مشاركة
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
طيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقديرطيار صالح يستحق الثقة والتقدير
افتراضي

Saturday, August 2011
Luxor (LXR) - Cairo (CAI)
EgyptAir Express MS368
Scheduled times: 20:55-22:05
Actual times: 20:53-22:07
Flight duration: 00:57 (hrs)
Distance: 317 miles
Economy Class, seat 36A

Embraer 170
SU-GCY (MSN 17000185)
Delivered in 09/2007

1st flight on SU-GCY
4th Embraer 170 flight
8th E-Jet flight
123rd airline

View Large View Medium

Photo © Malcolm J.Bezzina
View Large View Medium

Photo © Andras Kisgergely

Finally, exactly two hours before departure, I passed security and a friendly EgyptAir agent handed out my boarding pass. I asked whether the flight would depart on time and he confirmed. The whole check-in area was deserted - and so was the gate area:

These chairs weren't comfortable at all:

Most shops were closed which wasn't surprising. However, within the next 90 minutes, some dozens of people showed up, so the flight wouldn't operate empty.

My Embraer 170 arrived on time, but I couldn't see much in the darkness through the windows. After the bus ride, I was finally able to identify the aircraft: it was SU-GCY - delivered in September 2007 and still wearing the old tail colors:

The young female flight attendants, wearing different uniforms than their mainline colleagues, appeared rather indifferent. The leather seats were comfortable and I really like the combination of colors...

...but the seats were worn and partly dirty. Legroom was sufficient for this short leg:

Safety instructions:

The load factor (60-70 percent) turned out to be better than expected after the arrival of a second bus. Most importantly, the seat next to me remained empty. Apart from a standard welcome message by a flight attendant, I didn't hear any other announcements. The guys on the flight deck would keep silent all the time.

We left the parking position two minutes ahead of schedule...

...taxied to the runway without stopping and climbed into the night sky after a powerful takeoff run.

Only cold drinks were served on this hop to Cairo and I ordered a lemon soda:

Cabin shot:

The cabin was worn in general, but the rear lavatory's condition was even worse. The tapware in particular was totally battered - and I was shocked when I opened the toilet lid. I don't know if another passenger had intensively used the toilet since departure or if it hadn't been cleaned before the flight. It looked and smelled disgusting...
Last but not least, there were only a few pieces of soap instead of a liquid soap container.

We touched down after a flying time of 57 minutes and taxied to a remote parking position. There were some 20 other EgyptAir and EgyptAir Express planes around, so I could log a few more registrations during the following bus ride. Last shot of SU-GCY:

After booking my room at the Novotel Cairo Airport, I had transmitted my flight data for the free pick-up service. The hotel then offered to send a representative to the arrivals area and I agreed. When I entered the terminal building after the bus ride, I was positively surprised to find a Novotel representative with my name on a sign already waiting here in the gate area - that was a very good service! The young man was very friendly and even spoke German - so we had an interesting conversation while walking to the shuttle pick-up zone. After a 3 minute ride, I arrived at the hotel door.

Novotel Cairo Airport
While the hotel lobby looks nice, many other parts of the building show their age. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful and quickly checked me in. The room was a bit worn down as well, but okay on the whole:

The breakfast buffet on the next morning was alright, but nothing to write home about. I wasn't overly impressed by the hotel in general, but I guess I would choose it again because it's the closest to the airport. That's a lovely front view, isn't it?

[/COLOR]
طيار صالح غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس