..مراقب قسم الاكاديميات..
Advisory Flight Academy

تاريخ التسجيل: 04 - 03 - 2009
الدولة: Manila
المشاركات: 628
شكر غيره: 9
تم شكره 59 مرة في 16 مشاركة
معدل تقييم المستوى: 2667
Dr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقدير

مشاهدة أوسمتي

إرسال رسالة عبر مراسل MSN إلى Dr.Alrefaey
Dr.Alrefaey Dr.Alrefaey غير متواجد حالياً
][ د.الرفاعي ][
Advisory Flight Academy

الصورة الرمزية Dr.Alrefaey

مشاهدة ملفه الشخصي
Dr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقديرDr.Alrefaey يستحق الثقة والتقدير
افتراضي IELTS: Academic or General

Hey, Happy to contact you here again, welcome.
You may want to go for the IELTS-and you don't know the difference between the Academic or General one...

This is a story about a mistake I made studying for IELTS. I started to prepare to Academic module when I should have study for General Training. It took me about 2 weeks to see what a mistake I was making, which means half of that time was wasted and the deadline moved much closer.

The first thing to do is to find out what module of IELTS are you going to take, Academic or General Training. Usually Academic module is intended for future students and the General training for immigrants, but you should not assume – check and double-check which one you need to take.

The difference between two IELTS modules is that Reading and Writing tests are different in Academic and General. The Listening and the Speaking tests are the same.

The difference in Reading test is that you may have to read 3 longer and more complicated passages in Academic versus 4 smaller and easier texts in General Training.

From my experience, the fact that I studied for Academic reading and practiced on Academic kind of texts didn’t heart me and even helped me. The problem was the Writing test assignments. The difference between Academic and General Writing test is that in Academic you receive a graph and the task is to describe it in 150 words. In General Training you receive a description of a real-life situation and the task is to write a letter about that situation.

So I learned my lesson and now my advice to you is:

Practice in Academic Reading no matter what kind of IELTS you’re taking. If you take General Training IELTS – do some General reading tests as well. This way you hope for the best and prepare for the worst Jokes aside.
Pay attention to the Writing test: Academic = Graph, General = Letter, practice accordingly. Before you start practicing, go through some helpful tips for Academic writing through the Internet.
التوقيع  Dr.Alrefaey
Dr.Alrefaey غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 07-07-2010, 09:07 PM  
  مشاركة [ 2 ]
][ د.الرفاعي ][
Advisory Flight Academy

مشاهدة أوسمتي

][ د.الرفاعي ][
Advisory Flight Academy

مشاهدة ملفه الشخصي
افتراضي رد: IELTS: Academic or General

Also you can purchased some useful notebooks from IELTS test centre(Official or Cambridge University books),Or try to contact the British Council in your home country to take the IELTS preparation course which is very useful..
Good Luck ;)*
Dr.Alrefaey غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد
قسم English Council

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 10:20 PM.